DIY mason jar air freshener
If parts of your mobile home are occasionally smelly or musty, this DIY air freshener is a perfect project for you. It’s a quick and easy craft that’ll help you out in some big ways. Here’s how to make it:
Gather your materials
You’ll need a mason jar with a lid and seal, metal shears, a metal sheet with holes in it, baking soda, and essential oils. Once you’ve gathered these materials, you can get started putting everything together.
- First, cut out a piece of the metal sheet. It should be the same size and shape as your jar seal so you can place it on top of the jar just beneath the lid.
- After you’ve tested out your new lid design, it’s time to add in some good smells. Use about 30 drops of an essential oil of your choice per cup of baking soda. Screw on the lid and choose a location for your air freshener, and you’re ready to get rid of whatever bad scents you’re experiencing!
- Extra tip: Use an essential oil with a strong smell to get the best results. For example, peppermint oil is a great choice for this project.
Cute scrabble tile coasters
This one is quick and inexpensive. Old scrabble tiles, cork, and glue are the only supplies you need for this DIY project. In addition, they’re a great way to make a “boring” mobile home a little more fun and crafty.
After you’ve got your supplies, you’ll be able to complete these coasters in no time at all. First of all, come up with a theme for four letter words you want to spell. For example, if you’re going for a Christmas theme, you could choose words like “holly” and “snow.” For each coaster, you’ll need to choose four words with a common theme. Of course, this determines the size of the coaster as well.
Once you’ve picked out your words, cut out squares of cork that are the same size as all four words put together. Finally, place dots of glue on the cork and arrange the scrabble tiles to spell the words you’ve chosen. After the glue is dry, you’re ready to go – and you’ve got plenty of cute coasters for your mobile home!
DIY dish soap bottle for the kitchen
Buying a bottle of dish soap at the store is quick and easy, but a plain old plastic bottle sitting next to your sink isn’t doing anything to give your mobile home kitchen a decorative look. This under-an-hour DIY project will fix that right away!
What to buy
You’ll need a glass bottle with an olive oil dispenser and some glass etching cream for this craft. In addition, you’ll need to find some type of pattern for the words “dish soap” so you can cut out the letters, creating a stencil:
Do the DIY
Now it’s time to do the DIY part.
- Choose the part of the bottle where you want the words “dish soap” to appear. Place the stencil over this area.
- Next, simply brush the etching cream over the entire stencil, being sure to cover each letter.
- Once the cream has done its work, take your bottle to the sink and wash the paper and excess cream off.
- Fill the bottle with soap and enjoy!
Message board in less than an hour
This burlap message board is the perfect decor item for your mobile home, and even better, it takes less than an hour to make. Let’s take a look at what you need for this project.
- Brass tacks
- Staple gun
- Tape measure
Depending on what size you want your message board to be, you’ll need to buy the correct amount of each item.
Put it together
First, cut out a piece of burlap that will overhang every side of your corkboard by about three or four inches. You’re going to take the overhang and fold it around, stapling it to the corkboard in the back. Next, attach the burlap in front using the brass tacks around the edges of the corkboard. (Use a tape measure to make sure the tacks are a fairly equal distance apart.) Finally, find the perfect place for your new decor item, and you’re done!
Quick DIY projects free up time for more DIY!
What’s the best part of DIY projects that take less than an hour? They free up time for more DIY! Optimally, easy DIY projects like these will not only take your mobile home decor up a notch, they’ll also leave time for other important things in your busy life. So, even if you’re skeptical of how good a 20-minute project can look, give it a try – it’ll change your decor style and maybe even your life!