Things don’t get any easier when it comes to a pricey and valuable asset such as your home – which is probably your most prized possession. That’s why we provide a mobile home value calculator to create a price comparison report based on real market values to help you sell, or in some cases buy, your home at a fair price.
Why use our Mobile Home Value Calculator
The inherent value of using a mobile home value calculator and comparison should be obvious to anyone who has had to buy or sell any type of home or car before. Understandably, it’s a stressful and difficult task to come up with a price for your home that you feel is fair and competitive while still providing you with an adequate sum in exchange for your home.
This effort is made twice as hard by the fact that personal feelings may cloud one’s judgment. If you really love your home and have had a pleasant time living in it, you’ll naturally feel that it’s worth more whereas the market might view it differently. On the other hand, you might be so scared of alienating buyers that you offer a price that is too low.
A mobile home value calculator is not a cure-all to these problems. However, it provides an almost unrivaled starting point from where to go about selling your home with facts grounded in real-world data, statistics, and cases.
Problems with determining mobile home prices
- Prices aren’t standardized: The mobile home market is still very fragmented, which is primarily due to its immaturity in comparison to the real estate market. This means prices aren’t nearly as set in stone at is for the car or home market where you can expect almost every dealer to offer the same price for the same model.
- There is little market transparency: A symptom of this is that there is less transparency. Because the market is also much smaller, there is much less information freely available in the real world or online as there is for real estate.
How our value calculator solves these problems:
- Know what factors are taken into account: By filling in the fields in our mobile home value calculator, you know exactly what factors are taken into account. There is no behind the scenes black magic.
- A standardized pricing algorithm: We treat all applicants the same way and provide prices based on standard features and their estimated values.
- Transparency: As everyone is subject to the same process, you can see that everyone is treated equally. There is also no commitment to sell your home to us or engage with us further so we have no reason to provide misleading answers.
Other beneficial features of our reports:
- Lifetime validity: Your report will be available and updated for a lifetime with no extra charges.
- Live data: We pull our data from the latest information so that you get an up-to-date report. Your report will be updated live as the market changes, meaning that you won’t be acting on expired data in the future.
- Visual data representation: We aren’t all numbers of people. To some of us, visual representations just make more sense and are easier and quicker to digest. That’s why we use color-coded charts to illustrate the most crucial data.
- PDF format: By using PDF format for your report, it’s easy to download, print, or send.
Get A Free Quote for Manufactured Home Insurance
*Save $250 per year, on average!
How to use our mobile home value calculator
Our mobile home value calculator is an easy-to-follow, 3-step process. It shouldn’t take you more than five minutes to complete if you have a good idea of the condition of your home. You may need to check on certain features of your home, but generally, there is nothing complicated. You can complete steps in any order and move between them. However, you will need to complete all the fields before submitting.
Step #1: Go to our calculator
You can find links to our Price Comparison Report all over our website at MobileHomeSell.com. Just look for the ‘Get Yours Now’ buttons. You can also go there straight from this link.
Step #2: Tell us about your home
The next step is to give us some general information about your home so that we can start to zoom in on a price. It doesn’t matter who or by what means you sell your home, there are certain key factors that play the biggest role in determining its possible price range. These are:
We will ask for your zip code, whether the home is located on private property or within the park, you can search for a park using our database, and the contact details (phone number) of the property/property owner. Homes in different locations differ in value. For example, the same home in Malibu, Florida will most likely cost much more than the same property in South Carolina which is why we ask for this.
Naturally, the shape and size of your home affect the price. The square living space is one of the biggest price differentiators for any type of housing as well as the layout (e.g., how many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.). To determine the build of your house, you need to provide us with:
- Width and Length: This will be used to calculate the area your home occupies. You can use the total length and width in case of an irregular shape.
- Number of bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms
- Year built: Needless to say that a home’s prices generally go down with age. If a home is built before certain important dates, it might also affect its price.
- Manufacturer: Not all manufacturers are created equal. Just like you won’t pay the same for any Lamborghini as for any Ford, the same goes for a manufactured home.
- Roof type, roof condition: Common materials include shingles, bare metal, or metal with a membrane. It should be easy to determine from a cursory inspection. Pitched roofs are also generally more valuable than flat roofs.
- Siding type: Common types include wood, metal, or vinyl.
This is where you’ll need to put on your detective cap and look for any signs of damage in your home’s exterior or interior. The most important field here will be the Home Condition. You will need to rate your home according to a 5-star system. Try to be as accurate and honest as possible as this will have a significant impact on your valuation. Rate your home according to the following:
- < 1-star: The home is unlivable and should be scrapped.
- 1-star: The home is in need of major repairs to significant parts of it. This may include repairing damage to the ceiling, walls, and floors as well as certain parts that will need to be completely replaced. The home is very dirty and obviously not well maintained.
- 2-star: Some surface areas of the home are in urgent need of replacement but it’s limited to certain areas instead of most of the home. Damage can be severe but mostly superficial.
- 3-star: Overall, the home is in great condition except for a few small areas that need some attention. These can be because of relatively small cracks or holes as well as no need to replace flooring/wall panels, etc.
- 4-star: The exterior and interior of the home are in mint condition. Except for some cleaning and sprucing up, it should almost be able to be sold as is. The home has newish fixtures such as lights and faucets and doesn’t need a major design update.
There are also star ratings in between these if you feel that your home exhibits traits of the two bordering star-ratings.
The last field is an optional estimation of what you think your home is worth. We call this the “assumed value”. It doesn’t play a role in our valuation of your home but can be a useful benchmark variable later when you receive your report.
Step #3: Tell us about you
This is where we’d like to get to know you a little better – don’t worry, we don’t ask for anything outside of your contact details. This is just for verification and statistics as well as to make sure we can contact you to receive your pricing report. You will need to provide your:
- First name,
- Last name,
- Email, and
Step #4: Pay for your report
As we all know, nothing good comes for free and the same goes for our mobile home value calculator report. We accept payments via credit or debit card with Stripe as our payment processor. Of course, the best thing about our report is that you get live updates for a lifetime, meaning you never have to generate a report again for your home.
Anatomy of our report
You can view a sample report here. After you have completed the process and submitted payment, this is what your report will look like.
At the start of the report, you will see this most important identifiers/characteristics of your home used to generate the report. Data points include the address, model year, model type, size, condition, etc.
Because we promise transparency, we include a national report where you can see where your home’s price falls within the current U.S. mobile home market. Using visual graphs, you can compare our valuation with the current highs and lows for the market as well as with your initial assumed value. You will also be able to view a list of homes similar to yours and their asking prices.
Every bar represents the percentage of homes similar to yours in a given price range. The blue bar represents the asking price we estimated for your home and the yellow bar is your assumed value.
This graph gives you a good look at where your home lies within the current range of prices for similar homes.
The local report contains much of the same data and comparisons as the national report, but more local to your area. The U.S. is a big country with a highly diverse home market. That means that the location of your home can play a big role in its value. That’s why we include a local price comparison for your home.
How to use your price comparison report
It’s important to acknowledge that a price comparison report will never be a guarantee that you will get a certain price for your home, or even should. Remember that these reports are generated on values provided by homeowners who could be either mistaken or intentionally misleading to manipulate the numbers.
For that reason, mobile home agents or other sellers won’t take it as undeniable proof of the value of your home. However, it will act as a fantastic stepping stone to create listings for your home and be used as a bargaining tool. At the very least, you’ll be able to question or seriously doubt someone that comes with an offer far below the valuation.
Don’t be left in the dark when it comes to your homes REAL value
Part of being an informed homeowner is knowing exactly what your home is worth so that you can make smart decisions when it comes to you, your home, and your financial future. A mobile home value calculator is an essential and highly effective step in the right direction by comparing your mobile home to other real homes on the market.
If you want to read more about the factors that affect the price of secondhand mobile homes, read our article Facts About Mobile Home Prices. Also, make sure to check out this handy infographic on the key factors that affect your home’s value.