A Helpful, Easy-To-Use Mobile Home Repair Guide – From A To Z
Even if you are the mobile home owner who loves your home and takes good care of it, your place is subject to the inevitable effects of time and wear. Unfortunately, it can’t stay in pristine shape forever, however much you wish it did. With this in mind, we’re offering you our mobile home repair guide!
Broken faucets, worn tubs, frozen pipes, and more don’t have to be a reason for panic. In fact, they don’t even always necessitate calling in “the experts.” There are some fixes you may be able to do yourself, provided that you’re ready for some DIY.
Welcome to our mobile home repair guide
Here in our guide, you’ll find plenty of helpful articles for the times when you need to fix up your place. To make things even easier, we’ve categorized them alphabetically. Keep scrolling until you find what you’re looking for. In addition to repair articles, you’ll also find some posts to help you tackle other problems, including a few you might not quite call “repairs.”
Provided that most mobile home attics don’t have any easy access point, you may need some 2x4s, screws, and nails to get in there. Read more in these articles:
- Gaining Mobile Home Attic Access For Insulation Or Repairs
- How To Get Rid Of Bats In The Attic Of Your Mobile Home
Is that old tub of yours presently causing a case of sore eyes? Be that as it may, get ready to sand, tape, and more in addition to paint.
Here we discuss not just where to caulk but also different kinds of caulk. For example, acrylic latex, vinyl latex, siliconized acrylic sealant, and butyl rubber, to name just a few.
In case ductwork repair is foreign to you, check out this article:
Given that electrical work can be quite tricky, DIY is still a possibility. However, be careful!
- Mobile Home Wiring: Tips For Taking A Look Behind The Scenes
- DIY: How To Change A Light Switch In A Mobile Home
Looking to fix up the outside of your mobile home? Be sure to check out these articles to get started. If you’re looking to paint, be sure to gather up cleaning supplies, tape, angled sash painter’s brush, paint and even extras like a pouring spout and screen. For further details, read the whole article below.
- Can You Paint The Outside of a Mobile Home? | FAQ
- Mobile Home Exterior Remodel | Part 1: Get To Know Your Options
- Mobile Home Exterior Remodel | Part 2: Get The Look You Want
- How To Pressure Wash A Mobile Home The Right Way
- Mobile Home Security: How To Choose And Install Home Security Cameras
In this list, you’ll find easy steps to repair or replace mobile home floors and how to add mobile home floor insulation. Select the topic you’re looking for below:
- Replacing Mobile Home Floors in 7 Easy Steps
- Mobile Home Floor Insulation: Save Time And Money
- DIY: Mobile Home Floor Repair To Get It Looking Like New Again
- Mobile Home Floor Replacement With Step-By-Step Instructions
In the event that your shower water turns cold, especially during the cooler months, we’ve got some tips!
Of course, this wouldn’t be a complete guide if we didn’t cover everything … including the kitchen sink! So here it is. You’ll find this article handy if you need to replace a leaky pipe or remove a clog.
Next is a major topic in our mobile home repair guide. In case you’re “comparison shopping” to level your mobile home, check out this sneak peek:
In general, you should expect to pay this much for each type of mobile home…
Single wide: $450-$550
Double wide: $750 – $850
Triple wide: $900 – $1,000
Read more in the article below:
- How Much Does It Cost To Level A Mobile Home? DIY vs Professional
- How to Make Your Mobile Home Level
- Mobile Home Drain System: Tips For Getting To Know Your Pipes
- How To Winterize Pipes in Your Mobile Home & Keep Them From Freezing
Roof repair can range from minor repairs to complete roof overs. Below, you’ll find articles covering them all.
- Mobile Home Roof Over Ideas | A Great Upgrade To Your Home
- DIY Mobile Home Roof Over Options With How-To Instructions
- Mobile Home Roof Repair Tips: We’ve Got You Covered This Winter
- Mobile Home Maintenance Starting From The Roof
Horrible smell around? Then, you may need to learn about your P-trap. Getting it removed by a plumber may be $160-$430. However, doing it yourself may also be an option.
- Mobile Home Skirting
- Mobile Home Skirting Ideas
- DIY: How To Install Mobile Home Skirting – Vinyl And Other Options
- Can You Brick A Mobile Home In Place Of Vinyl Skirting?
Under your mobile home
- Frozen Pipes Under A Mobile Home And How To Take Care Of Them
- How To Get Rid Of Rodents Living Under Your Mobile Home
Noise turning out to be beyond a problem for you? Definitely check out this helpful information, outlined in our article below:
Soundproof windows: $400-$900
Drapes: $20-$40 per
Walls: “Expect any solution to cover your whole room to cost more than a $1000, and even $5000 to $6000 if you want professional quality.
For more info, check out these articles below!
- Thin Walls In A Mobile Home | How To Dampen Noise and Reduce Sound
- Know Your Mobile Home Walls Before You Tackle That Next Project
- How To Clean Mobile Home Walls And Get Rid Of Everyday Dirt
- What Are Mobile Home Wall Strips And How To Remove Them?
- Painting Mobile Home Walls With Style
- Mobile Home Wall Insulation: Get Your Home Ready For Winter!
- 3 Ways To Texture Mobile Home Walls
- Mobile Home Window Repair: When The Chips Are Down
- Replacing Your Mobile Home Windows in 9 Easy Steps
If you want to stay on the right side of the law, be sure to check out your local zoning laws. You’d hate to have to abandon any projects or find yourself unable to sell, should you ever want to.
All the resources you need
With this helpful mobile home repair guide, you have the resources you need at your fingertips. You’re ready to get out there and get cracking! But before you start, here’s one more resource you should definitely take a look at. Common Mobile Home Repairs: What Every Mobile Home Owner Needs To Know