First a few words from us
If you visit our blog often, you may already be up-to-date on our suggestions for mobile home problems. But in case this is your first time, here are some of our prior articles to get you rolling.
Inside the mobile home
First in our coverage of DIY mobile home repairs, here are a couple difficulties or problems you’d like to take care of yourself. While these may not all seem like repairs in the most technical sense, stay tuned for more repairs to follow.
- Ugly tub: If you want to remedy this problem, check out our Do’s And Don’ts For Painting A Plastic Tub In A Mobile Home.
- Kitchen sink problems: You know that something down the drain isn’t right. However, you keep putting it off because the thought is overwhelming. Check out How To Remove A Kitchen Sink Drain In Your Mobile Home
- Electrical problems: Whether the outlet isn’t working, or you just want to replace an old cover, this article on mobile home wiring will help you remedy the issue.
You’re a pet-lover. Consequently, you’ve been the victim of some, ahem, accidents. You’d like to fix this odorous problem yourself, if possible. Accordingly, here are some helpful guides:
- Getting Rid Of Dog Urine Smell From Your Mobile Home
- How To Clean Cat Urine & Remove The Smell From Your Mobile Home
Other animal problems
Sometimes, your own animals might be the least of your concerns. If you’re having anything that feels like an “invasion,” check out these posts:
- How To Get Rid Of Rodents Living Under Your Mobile Home
- How To Get Rid Of Bats In The Attic Of Your Mobile Home
Finally, before we take a look at others’ suggestions, you may be looking for some info on getting into your mobile home’s attic to do some fixing projects. If so, check out Gaining Mobile Home Attic Access For Insulation Or Repairs
Looking for a good book?
You may be the type of person who doesn’t like spending time on the internet but would prefer a book. Or, perhaps, learning about mobile home repairs is just your idea of a good read. Thus, you could check out The Manual for Manufactured/Mobile Home Repair and Upgrade.
Mobile Home Parts Store
Next up, Mobile Home Parts Store tackles seven projects in one full-length article. Their guide on DIY mobile home repairs includes:
Of course, you can probably guess from the name that doityourself.com might just be a helpful resource for DIY mobile home repairs. Check here for more help with windows and doors, skirting and cabinets and more.
Here are some you might find helpful:
- Replacing Mobile Home Doors
- Replace or Repair the Underside of a Mobile Home
- How to Install Mobile Home Cabinets
- Testing and Repairing a Mobile Home’s Electric Water Heater
Does it seem like you need a doctor for your mobile home? Check out this site. Zero in on helpful articles using their handy categories. Whether you need some help with your counters, or it’s electrical problems that have got you down, take a moment to see what the Mobile Home Doctor says.
With suggesting these resources, we want to add a quick note. Taking on your DIY mobile home repairs may be an exciting way to save yourself money and to gain experience. But remember, if you’re not an expert in something, don’t pretend you are.
While caulking your mobile home’s countertops incorrectly may not lead to any major problems, other projects could be dangerous. For instance, if you try to dive into electrical or roofing problems without knowing what you’re doing, you could end up in serious trouble. In short, if you begin to sense you need an expert, call one!
Use these helpful resources for your DIY mobile home repairs!
Feeling charged up about tackling some of those long-awaited projects? Ready to dive in and cross many items off that to-do list? Here’s one last stop for you before you jump up and get to work on your DIY mobile home repairs. Take a minute to check out The Mobile Home Improvements Guide: From Start to Finish.